Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 m servings 424 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 bananas)
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour water into a large bowl; sprinkle tempura batter mix on top. Whisk until mix is moistened and large lumps dissolve; batter should be lumpy.
- Dip 5 banana slices into batter. Fry in hot oil until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining banana slices. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note:
- You can find tempura batter mix at any Asian market.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of batter ingredients. The actual amount of batter consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 22.9 g fat; 53.5 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 214 mg sodium. Full nutrition