Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 196
- Heat olive oil in 8 quart stock pot over high heat. Add onions and peppers and saute 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add in the undrained tomatoes, chickpeas, lentils, vegetable stock, chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook for 45 minutes over medium heat or until the lentils are tender.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and cook for another 20 minutes or until they are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve hot inside dinner rolls with optional garnishes.
- Brought To You By ConAgra Foods®
Per Serving: 196 calories; 2.6 38.8 6.1 0 1101 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Delicious, vegan chili that satisfies your cravings for a warm and hearty meal. The sweet potato and tomatoes go very, very well together. I soaked my lentils for half an hour before cooking and...
I made this for the first time last night and loved it! One of my favorite lentil recipes. I added extra sweet potatoes (about one medium sized potato extra) and used maybe 20% less broth just b...
Excellent healthy recipe. A real treasure. I loved the sweet potato and would definitely add more next time. I used chipotle chili pepper, which was quite hot, so next time will use a bit less ...
Great base recipe, changed it up quite a bit though... Added fresh garlic to the onions , used canned chick peas, black eyed peas and white beans. Added fresh lime and zest and the juice of one ...