Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 55 m servings 562
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, milk, egg yolks, and cornstarch in a saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened into a custard, about 10 minutes.
- Divide custard between 2 bowls. Mix 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut into the first bowl of custard. Fold cocoa powder into the second bowl of custard. Let custard mixtures cool, about 10 minutes.
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Pour 1/4 cup milk into a shallow bowl. Dip ladyfingers briefly in milk and arrange in the bottom of a glass trifle bowl. Spoon coconut custard on top. Layer remaining ladyfingers and chocolate custard on top. Smooth whipped cream over the top.
- Place 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut in a small skillet over low heat. Cook and stir until toasted and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut and chocolate over whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate until flavors meld, about 4 hours.
You might also like
Per Serving: 562 calories; 36.6 52.5 11.7 164 131 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1