Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 4 m servings 507
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until halfway cooked, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Combine heavy cream, milk, and Gruyere cheese in a large bowl. Add elbow macaroni and mix well; season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bring the macaroni mixture to room temperature, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Gruyere cheese on top.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Swiss cheese for the Gruyere if desired.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 37 31.8 13.6 133 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I know some people are purist and don’t like it when you review something that you didn’t follow exactly, but with only one rating I don’t want others to be hesitant to make this. It was so good...