Ingredients1 d 1 h 4 m servings 507
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until halfway cooked, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Combine heavy cream, milk, and Gruyere cheese in a large bowl. Add elbow macaroni and mix well; season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bring the macaroni mixture to room temperature, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Gruyere cheese on top.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Swiss cheese for the Gruyere if desired.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 37 31.8 13.6 133 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I know some people are purist and don’t like it when you review something that you didn’t follow exactly, but with only one rating I don’t want others to be hesitant to make this. It was so good...
I made this twice. The first try we used all Gruyere, and felt it was lacking depth of flavor. The second time we used half Gruyere and half white cheddar which was perfect. We also added about ...