Homemade Naturally Sweetened Almond Milk
"We love to stray from our typical bulk purchase of cartons of unsweetened almond milk and from time to time we make our own homemade naturally sweetened almond milk. We have played around with different recipes and feel this makes something truly enjoyable - smooth, creamy, and packed with flavor. You'll need a sturdy blender, a nut milk bag or cheesecloth, and a bowl large enough to hold your milk during the filtering process, and finally a container to store your milk in."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 20 m servings 178
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 cups)
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with cool water; place bowl out of direct sunlight and soak for 12 to 48 hours.
- Place dates in a separate bowl and cover with 1 cup water; soak for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse almonds in a colander and transfer almonds to a blender. Add dates and their soaking water, vanilla extract, and salt; pour in 4 cups water. Blend on low speed for 10 seconds and slowly increase to high speed and process for 90 seconds.
- Place a nut bag or cheesecloth over a bowl; pour in almond mixture. Allow the milk to fully strain through, about 10 minutes. Gently squeeze nut bag or cheesecloth to release any extra milk from the pulp. Transfer almond milk to a container and refrigerate.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Before you look at the bag of ground almond pulp and ask yourself "What am I supposed to do with this?" Be sure to keep it! What you essentially have is delicious almond flour! This nutrient-packed delicious flour can be used for all kinds of baking. Can you say sweet potato almond flour pancakes?
- This is a natural product, so separation will occur when the milk is left to stand in the fridge. Just make sure to give it a good shake before you enjoy a cold glass or add it to your favorite baking! This deliciousness lasts up to 5 days in your fridge.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of almonds. The actual amount of almonds consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 12 15.4 5.4 0 32 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1