Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 26 m servings 106
Original recipe yields 32 servings (4 cups)
- Place currants in a small bowl; cover with orange liqueur. Let soak until plump, about 1 hour.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot butter until softened, about 1 minute. Add chicken livers; cook and stir until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup butter, chicken liver mixture, heavy cream, thyme, and allspice in a food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in currants and orange liqueur. Season pate with salt and pepper.
- Divide pate among small ramekins. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- If you leave out the currants, be sure to still add the orange brandy to the mix.
Per Serving: 106 calories; 8.3 2.8 4.7 123 61 Full nutrition