Ingredients2 h 34 m servings 350 cals
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cook and stir beef in the same skillet until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle flour, marjoram, thyme, and pepper over beef. Pour red wine and beef broth into the skillet; stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer until beef is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir onions into the skillet. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender and sauce is thick and dark brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute olive oil for the vegetable oil if desired.
- Add beef broth and wine (1 part broth to 2 parts wine) as needed in step 2 to keep beef barely covered.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 20.7 g fat; 16.2 g carbohydrates; 19.7 g protein; 58 mg cholesterol; 97 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Had appointments today, so I got this going about mid-morning in my Instant Hot Pot using the slow cook feature. Really easy to make, and it has a rich, robust flavor. I used some stew beef wh...
Will make again, served over mashed potatoes . Next time want to try over homemade noodles.