Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 162
- Grease 2 loaf pans with butter; coat bottoms and sides with 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup bread flour, 1 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour, yeast, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over low heat; heat until mixture registers 125 degrees F (52 degrees C) on a thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Stir warm milk mixture into the flour mixture; add remaining 1 1/2 cup bread flour and 1 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour. Mix until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half; place 1 piece in each loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining cornmeal on top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake loaves in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute whole wheat flour for the white whole wheat if desired.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 1.4 32 6 2 160 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I was impressed with how much this tastes like English muffins and so easy to make. I froze one for later use.
This English Muffin Bread is a great recipe for breakfast. This is an easy recipe to make. You can not go wrong baking this bread. The bread only took 20 minutes to bake. I toasted the bread an...