Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 23 m servings 368 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the crust. Spread crushed candy on the bottom.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves together in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar mixture and pumpkin puree; beat on low speed until smooth. Slowly beat in evaporated milk. Pour mixture over crushed candy in the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Continue baking until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove pie from the oven; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Cover edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over the pie. Broil until sugar melts and turns golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Discard aluminum foil. Refrigerate pie until sugar topping hardens, 10 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 368 calories; 16.4 g fat; 50.2 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 60 mg cholesterol; 537 mg sodium. Full nutrition