Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions and Hazelnuts
18 made it | 0 reviews |
"This melty Brie recipe makes an easy party appetizer. If you like, you can switch up the toppings and try flavors such as cranberries or pistachio nuts."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 322
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a small covered saucepan, cook onion in hot butter over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Place Brie on an ovenproof plate or baking sheet. Spread the apricot preserves on top. Top with the onions and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is softened. If baked on a baking sheet, carefully transfer warm Brie to a serving platter. Serve with French bread slices and/or sliced fruit.
You might also like
- Baked Brie with Onions and Olives
- Prepare caramelized onions as directed in Step 1. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives, 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pitted green olives, and 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano. In Step 2, substitute mango chutney for the apricot preserves and 1 tablespoon lightly toasted pine nuts for the hazelnuts. Bake as directed. If desired, serve with French bread slices or assorted crackers.
- Baked Brie with Cranberry-Onion Chutney and Pistachios
- Prepare caramelized onions as directed in Step 1, except for Cranberry-Onion Chutney, after cooking the onions for only 5 minutes, stir in 2/3 cup fresh cranberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon pepper jelly, 1 tablespoon water, and 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries have popped and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Set chutney mixture aside. Place Brie on the ovenproof plate. Omit the preserves and hazelnuts in Step 2. Bake the plain Brie as directed in Step 3. Top the warm Brie with the chutney and sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts. Serve with French bread slices.
- © Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 20.2 21.7 14.4 61 505 Full nutrition