Smitty's Low-Carb Chili
made it | 0 reviews |
"Finding variety can be brutal when on a low-carb diet! I miss rich stews and soups, particularly hearty and spicy ones, while trying to remain in ketosis. Threw this chili together out of some leftover pork loin and cauliflower rice, and was thrilled with the result. The cauliflower is for texture only - it has little effect on the taste."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 569 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor; pulse into rice-sized pieces.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir cauliflower "rice" until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cook and stir ground beef in the same pot until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Cook and stir pork loin in the pot until juices run clear, about 5 minutes. Add to beef in the bowl.
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in the pot over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, ground beef, pork loin, smoked sausage, and chili seasoning into the pot. Pour in enough beef stock to reach desired consistency. Bring chili to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in cauliflower "rice."
- Season chili with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Serve topped with Cheddar cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- You can reduce carbs further by reducing the amount of green bell pepper, cauliflower rice, and slicing cheese instead of buying pre-shredded (which is coated with starch).
Per Serving: 569 calories; 35.2 g fat; 21.3 g carbohydrates; 41.8 g protein; 122 mg cholesterol; 2125 mg sodium. Full nutrition