Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients37 m servings 179 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease 24 muffins cups or line with paper liners.
- Process red apple through a food processor until minced; transfer to a bowl. Process Granny Smith apple through a food processor until minced; transfer to a separate bowl.
- Combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a bowl using an electric mixer or by hand until batter is smooth. Fold 1/2 cup sweet apple and 1/2 cup Granny Smith apples into batter.
- Spread graham cracker crumbs onto a piece of waxed paper; add cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour butter over crumbs and mix using your hands until crumbs are moist. Fill each muffin cup with 1 teaspoon crumb mixture and fill the remainder with batter. Sprinkle any remaining crumb mixture over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 to 17 minutes. Cool cupcakes in tin for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Cook's Note:
- If you want more apples in cake mix for a more textured and taste, add 1 cup of tart apples.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cupcakes are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 9.9 g fat; 21.1 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 29 mg cholesterol; 183 mg sodium. Full nutrition