Fancy Crusted Rosemary Scalloped Potatoes
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 395
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat an 8-inch baking dish cooking spray.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, rosemary, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Slice 3 or 4 potatoes using a mandolin on the thinnest setting. Slice remaining potatoes using a slightly thicker setting on the mandolin.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with thin potato slices, overlapping them to create a layer that is 2 to 3 slices deep. Stand remaining thin slices along the sides of the baking dish so that half an inch sticks over the rim, overlapping them to create a layer that is 4 slices deep.
- Spread 1/3 of the thicker potato slices in the baking dish. Sprinkle 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese mixture on top. Repeat once more. Arrange remaining potato slices in the baking dish. Reserve 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour. Pour in milk; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Shift potato slices in a few places with a knife to create wells for the sauce to flow through. Pour sauce evenly over potato slices in the baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese mixture on top. Brush potato edges sticking out of the baking dish with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are soft and edges are crusted, 60 to 75 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 395 calories; 15.4 50.1 15.9 41 590 Full nutrition