Crispy Rosemary Sea Salt Flatbread Crackers
Ingredients32 m servings 155
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Place flour, salt, sugar, and grated cheese in a mixing bowl. Stir together until well mixed. Add rosemary; drizzle with olive oil and add water. Mix with a fork until mixture comes together in a fairly sticky dough and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough onto floured surface and add flour as you knead the dough. Knead until it no longer sticks to work surface, 4 or minutes. Divide dough in half.
- Dust work surface with flour. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness or less. Brush or mist surface of dough very lightly with water. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Prick the entire surface of dough with the tines of a fork to prevent crackers from puffing too much when baking.
- Cut each rolled out half into about 30 pieces with a pizza wheel. You can cut them out in squares, rectangles, or triangles--your choice. Transfer onto prepared baking sheet with a bench scraper or your floured fingers (dough will be very sticky).
- Bake in preheated oven until perfectly browned and crunchy, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Chef's Note:
- My "12-15 minutes" baking time is just a rough guess, and it will depend on the thickness of your dough. I would start checking at 10 minutes and go from there.
- Substitute any fresh herb of your choice instead of rosemary.
- Substitute poppy, sesame, or fennel seeds instead of sea salt.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 6.7 18.7 4.4 4 437 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
My first review after years on Allrecipes - they were that good! I was concerned because my dough wasn't particularly sticky - moderately stiff and elastic - but, although it was difficult to r...
These are delicioso! I baked some like his and some a little lighter (just a little). Both were delicious!
Great recipe! So easy, quick, minimal ingredients, and I agree the cost of those small bags of artisan crackers now seems outrageous! I followed the basic recipe, including parmesan, but did not...
I didn't have the fresh cheese so I used the grated cheese that come from the aisle section. It turned out great. I will definitely make again
These are so good! I used my Jaccard blade tenderizer to pierce the dough. Made it fast and easy !! Will make again!!
These are so yummy. The second time I doubled the batch and grabbed Adagio cheese by accident. It was a great mistake. I am not sure which is better. Pricking with a fork did not seem necessary ...
I just made these ! They are easy (the longest part was poking them with a fork) and they taste wonderful! I added a bit of fresh grind Italian herbs and pepper to my dough! I probably could ...
These are very tasty, although I liked them better without the added sea salt on top. Because handling the crackers was so difficult after they were rolled out, resulting in sadly mishapen crac...