Ingredients7 h 35 m servings 611 cals
- Season chuck roast generously with salt and pepper. Rub flour evenly over the surface of the meat.
- In a large saute pan, warm oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Sear the roast until browned and crusty on all sides, about 15 minutes total.
- Place roast in the pot of a slow cooker. Pour beef broth around the roast. Sprinkle Ranch seasoning over the roast, place butter on top and scatter pepperoncini over and around the roast. Cover the slow cooker and set on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- When ready, shred the meat and mix with the sauce in the slow cooker. Serve over bread, egg noodles or potatoes.
- Cook's Note:
- In a rush? You can swap the flour for one 1 ounce package of dry Au Jus gravy mix and skip the step for browning the meat.
Per Serving: 611 calories; 50.3 g fat; 5.4 g carbohydrates; 32.7 g protein; 161 mg cholesterol; 1127 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I make this all the time in a 6 qt crock pot but I make the following changes. Use 2 packets hidden valley ranch dressing and 2 packets au jus mix. Use stick of garlic/herb Kerrigold butter, a...
This is the most delicious roast I've ever had. And I'm old. The seasoning is just right. My family loved it!
If you opt to not brown the meat, and use the powdered au jus packet, DO NOT salt the meat! Between the ranch dressing and the au jus and the kosher salt, it was very salty. Still a very good ...
Delicious...but WAY too much butter. I'll cut the amount in half next time.
Absolutely delicious. My roast was a bit smaller, so it was probably a bit spicier than it should have been. Husband was bragging about it to rest of the family later in the week. High praise! F...