Ingredients7 h 35 m servings 611
- Season chuck roast generously with salt and pepper. Rub flour evenly over the surface of the meat.
- In a large saute pan, warm oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Sear the roast until browned and crusty on all sides, about 15 minutes total.
- Place roast in the pot of a slow cooker. Pour beef broth around the roast. Sprinkle Ranch seasoning over the roast, place butter on top and scatter pepperoncini over and around the roast. Cover the slow cooker and set on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- When ready, shred the meat and mix with the sauce in the slow cooker. Serve over bread, egg noodles or potatoes.
- Cook's Note:
- In a rush? You can swap the flour for one 1 ounce package of dry Au Jus gravy mix and skip the step for browning the meat.
Per Serving: 611 calories; 50.3 5.4 32.7 161 1127 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
I make this all the time in a 6 qt crock pot but I make the following changes. Use 2 packets hidden valley ranch dressing and 2 packets au jus mix. Use stick of garlic/herb Kerrigold butter, a...
This is the most delicious roast I've ever had. And I'm old. The seasoning is just right. My family loved it!
Delicious...but WAY too much butter. I'll cut the amount in half next time.
Absolutely delicious. My roast was a bit smaller, so it was probably a bit spicier than it should have been. Husband was bragging about it to rest of the family later in the week. High praise! F...
My husband made this recipe on Allrecipes. AMAZING! We substituted the pepperonchi For sweet salad peppers because we were afraid it would be too spicy. Also didn't use the flour or beef broth ...
This was awesome. I added the butter, which was a great suggestion. I made this for my friends who hate anything vinegary pickled. They didn't even notice that it had pepperoncini or the juice...
A family favorite that gets made a lot! I add the meat to the crock pot, 2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch mix, 2 packets of Au Jus gravy mix, 1 stick of butter to sit right on top of the meat, ...