Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 417
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a round baking pan with 1 teaspoon butter; coat with bread crumbs.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Mix remaining sugar, flour, cornstarch, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Sift over the beaten egg whites; fold together very gently until batter is smooth. Fold in melted butter and amaretto liqueur. Stir in half of the marzipan.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle remaining marzipan and sliced almonds on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake completely, about 30 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also bake this cake in a silicone mold if desired.
Per Serving: 417 calories; 16.3 61.2 7.4 28 192 Full nutrition