Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 466 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 sandwiches)
- Combine pickles, onion, and celery in a food processor; pulse to a medium-fine consistency. Add ham; pulse into pieces about 1/4 inch in diameter.
- Stir ham mixture, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and Cajun seasoning together in a bowl.
- Divide ham salad mixture over 4 slices of rye bread; lay 2 lettuce leaves over each. Cover with remaining bread slices.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute Cajun or brown mustard for the Dijon if desired.
- Substitute whole-grain bread or buns for the rye bread if desired.
- Freezing the ham salad has been an option for me in the past, because it makes such a lovely luncheon dish on the fly, but leave out the mayonnaise before freezing. Defrost and drain salad well before mixing in the mayonnaise.
- Pinwheel sandwiches work well with this ham filling. I used rye wraps when I made them and added thinly sliced red onions and smoked Gouda cheese.
Per Serving: 466 calories; 20.7 g fat; 50.3 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 42 mg cholesterol; 1806 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1