Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 3 m servings 335
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 enchiladas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add summer squash; cook and stir until almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in half of the green chile peppers, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder, flour, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook for 1 minute. Pour in milk and stir until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese; add remaining green chile peppers.
- Stir 1/2 cup sauce into the squash mixture. Spoon 1/3 cup of the squash and sauce mixture into the center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Arrange filled tortillas in the baking dish. Cover with remaining sauce. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 25 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute margarine for butter if desired.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 16.1 36.2 12.1 29 737 Full nutrition