Ingredients35 m servings 453 cals
- Stir together drained tomatoes, cheese, and basil in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a 1/2-inch thickness. Top evenly with tomato mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet; add chicken. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and measures 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Top with croutons just before serving.
- Cook's Tips:
- Don't have a meat mallet to pound the chicken? Use the side of a clean, label-free can or a rolling pin instead.
- Chicken breast tenders may be used in place of breasts with no pounding needed. Place tomato sauce and garlic in skillet; top with 1 1/2 pound tenders. Spoon diced tomato mixture over tenders. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165 degrees F. Top with croutons.
Per Serving: 453 calories; 17.2 g fat; 32.1 g carbohydrates; 39.4 g protein; 86 mg cholesterol; 1143 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Flavors were great with this! Tasted like a caprese salad. I threw in a little extra garlic and also halved each breast so they were thin enough to not need pounding. Glad I made extra because...
I would give this 3.5 stars if I could. This recipe came together easily and I really like the concept. I liked using tomato sauce along with the diced tomatoes but felt as a while it was a litt...