Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 555 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bison, onion, and green bell pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until bison is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Stir broth and quinoa into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir black beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, corn, and chili seasoning mix into the saucepan; simmer uncovered 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Top each serving evenly with avocado, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese.
- Cook's Tips:
- To make chili seasoning mix: Stir together 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon ghost pepper powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Use as directed in recipe.
- Quinoa typically is found in the rice and pasta section of supermarkets. If is not pre-washed, rinse well before cooking to remove the natural bitter coating.
- Ghost pepper powder is typically found online or in a local specialty spice store.
Per Serving: 555 calories; 24.1 g fat; 50 g carbohydrates; 39.4 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 1896 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1