Ingredients48 m servings 652
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place Anaheim peppers in a blender and blend, adding olive oil as needed to create a smooth paste.
- Heat cream in a pot over medium heat; stir in butter. Add Anaheim pepper paste, pepper Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Mexican cheese blend; cook, stirring constantly, until cheeses are melted and sauce is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Stir cheese sauce into elbow macaroni; transfer to a casserole dish and top with crushed crackers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is browned and cheese is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Adjust for spice by using or removing the seeds and pulp from the Anaheim peppers.
Per Serving: 652 calories; 52.1 24.2 22.4 146 798 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Wow! Absolutely delicious recipe! Added a clove of garlic and puréed that with the Anaheim chilies. Also used Colby Jack cheese instead of pepper jack. Added about a tablespoon of chili powder b...
This was absolutely delicious!!! I made this for a party so I went little light on the pepper jack but it still had nice heat. Will definitely make again!