Ingredients48 m servings 478 cals
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Layer some of the macaroni in a 5-quart baking dish; top with a layer of Cheddar cheese. Continue layering macaroni and Cheddar cheese into the dish, ending with a Cheddar cheese layer.
- Beat milk, eggs, and mustard together in a bowl; pour over macaroni mixture, ensuring milk mixture gets to all of the macaroni.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and just before cheese around the sides gets crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with black pepper.
Per Serving: 478 calories; 32.1 g fat; 19.1 g carbohydrates; 27.8 g protein; 143 mg cholesterol; 599 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Good basic starter recipe. I added salt and pepper to each layer and poured the milk/egg mixture over each layer rather than pouring all at once over the top. It was easy and quick.
Because it was for 2 people for dinner I cut the servings in half. I used one package of 16 oz. It came out very good ! I will make it again.
I didn't use nearly as much cheese as the recipe called for. I think I would use a little less mustard next time also. Overall the recipe turned out really good. I doubled it for a funeral an...
This recipe was very good and easy to make next time I think I'll follow the instructions to the T I kind of diverted from it but it still turned out good