Gluten-Free Blackberry Cobbler
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 342
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 2-quart casserole dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix blackberries, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, and 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour together in a bowl until blackberries are coated; pour into the prepared dish.
- Mix 1 cup gluten-free flour, 1 cup coconut sugar, buttermilk, coconut flour, butter, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, vanilla extract, and nutmeg together in a bowl; spread over blackberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and golden, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Brown rice flour, millet flour, or buckwheat flour can be used in place of coconut flour, if desired. If using coconut flour, even a small amount, note this will reduce moisture in recipe and make a very thick batter, so you can add a bit more buttermilk if needed, but thick batter is okay, dollop on top of berries like a biscuit. The batter should otherwise spread easily like a solid cake topping.
- Ghee or margarine can be used in place of butter.
- This might taste tart to some. Feel free to up the coconut sugar or even use some honey on the berries.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 9.6 63.3 5.7 22 441 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1