Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 476
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with butter.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Season potatoes with salt and mash until smooth. Stir in sour cream and cream cheese. Stir in 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Spread potato mixture in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese on top; continue baking until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes more. Garnish with chives.
- Cook's Note:
- When I am busy making many other things as well, I sometimes just buy a bag of the "ready-to-mash" potatoes that steam in the microwave from the frozen food section so I do not have to peel potatoes.
Per Serving: 476 calories; 22.5 53.1 17.7 65 515 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Love this recipe! I make smaller amounts and adjust ingredients but always comes out great! Sometimes I add chipotle pepper which gives it a little zing.
It's not low cal, but anything good never is. The only change I made was to use red potatoes.
This turned out exactly how I was expecting. I’m very happy with this dish and I make it often now. It makes plenty! We love having it the next morning for breakfast served with eggs over eas...