Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 396 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place buttercup squash halves in a baking dish.
- Place apples in a large bowl; cover with lemon juice. Stir in all but 1 tablespoon of the pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spoon apple mixture into the buttercup squash halves. Sprinkle remaining pecans on top. Dot 1 1 1/2 teaspoon butter over each squash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Buttercup squash, not to be confused with butternut squash, is a winter squash that tastes most like pumpkin. You could also substitute a pepper squash (acorn squash) for this recipe.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 16.3 g fat; 67 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 65 mg sodium. Full nutrition