Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 358
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Vigorously whisk together milk, zest, juice, oil, applesauce, flax seeds, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk until well combined, then whisk in vanilla.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to sift in about half of flour and all of baking powder, salt, and baking soda, then stir until well combined. Sift in remaining flour and stir until smooth. Fold in cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is puffed and firm to touch, cake starts to pull away from pan sides, and a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then loosen cake with a small metal spatula, invert on a cooling rack, and cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Put confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Add juice, oil, and vanilla and stir vigorously, until thick and smooth but pourable. (Thin with water or a little more juice if needed.)
- Put a sheet of wax paper under rack with cake. Drizzle glaze over cake, letting excess drip off. Let stand until set, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If confectioners' sugar is clumpy, it needs to be sifted.
- Cake will keep 3 days, chilled, covered. It can also be frozen whole or sliced, well wrapped in plastic wrap and a layer of foil, up to 3 months.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 8.2 68.7 3.3 0 254 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I loved this! I did double the orange zest and substituted 2/3 cup GF flour... (Next time I will try all GF flour) I loved the orange zest and fresh cranberry combination. Not too sweet. One not...
I used canned whole cranberries since fresh were not available. This turned out more dense than I expected, but I think it is due to my higher altitude. It kinda reminded me of a fruit cake in l...
I'm just asking a question here - If you wanted to substitute an egg for the flaxseeds, etc. can you do that and how?
Help, I made the Orange-cranberry cake. Results: It didn't "raise" all that much, it looked nice. it came out of the pan easily, it tasted very good and I would make it again. However, it was...