Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 326 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 cups)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream of potato soup, frozen corn, cream-style corn, milk, crab sticks, water, chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer chowder until flavors combine, about 20 minutes.
- Stir green chile peppers into the chowder before serving.
- Cooks' Notes:
- Substitute half-and-half for the milk if desired.
- Use the soup cans to measure milk and water for ease.
- Substitute fresh lump crabmeat for the imitation crab sticks if desired.
- After cooking the onions, you could put everything (except chiles) in a slow cooker and cook on Low for about 8 hours. Add chiles before serving.
Per Serving: 326 calories; 7.9 g fat; 57.7 g carbohydrates; 11.1 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 1948 mg sodium. Full nutrition