Green Curry Chicken with Yam in Coconut Milk
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 456
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place yam into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 teaspoon peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green bell pepper and onion until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Mix remaining 2 teaspoons peanut oil and green curry paste in the wok; stir for 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add chicken to the wok and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in coconut milk, chicken broth, and fish sauce; bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in yam, green bell pepper, and onion; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir spinach and basil gently into the wok. Simmer, covered, until flavors combine, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Green curry paste (or powder) is quite spicy. Taste and add more until you get the level of heat you like. We like ours very hot with the balance of sweet and creamy from the coconut milk.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 24.7 34.9 27.6 59 555 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1