Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 122
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in apples and cranberries.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add stock and seasonings; stir to blend. Stir in bread cubes and vegetable mixture. Cover.
- Cook 3 hours on LOW or until desired texture.
- Test Kitchen Tips:
- For best results, use crisp sweet-tart red apples, such as Empire, Baldwin or Honeycrisp.
- For moister stuffing, increase chicken stock to 3 cups.
- For drier stuffing, allow bread cubes to air-dry overnight.
- Optional Ingredients:
- Cook 1/2 pound crumbled sausage with the celery and onion.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans when adding the apples and cranberries.
Per Serving: 122 calories; 3.8 20.2 2.7 8 330 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This was a hit. I got a bunch of compliments at Thanksgiving. I'm never making stuffing in the oven again. I peeled the apples, not sure if that was necessary, I thought it made them blend in a ...
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and it was a hugh success!! Different and delicious!!
Very popular with the family and very tasty. I added a small amount of red wine also.
I usually make a different recipe for dressing every year. My husband said this was the best yet. Extremely moist. Will definitely make this one again. The crock pot was a great choice to free u...
Since I can’t have my mother’s stuffing anymore, I’ve had bagged/boxed stuffing, but this year I wanted something outside the box, so to speak. I wanted to make something fancier, so to speak. T...
This recipe turned out better than I expected! I decreased sage to 1.5 teaspoons and added 1/4 cup more stock. I did spray slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray, but it stuck to bottom of po...