Smoky Poblano Corn Pudding
Ashley Baron Rodriguez
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 296 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place poblano peppers on a baking sheet.
- Roast peppers in the preheated oven until slumped and charred, about 30 minutes. Remove the stems, seeds, and the charred skin and roughly chop peppers.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk milk, cream, eggs, sugar, flour, butter, and salt together in a bowl; stir in corn, Cheddar cheese, and roasted peppers. Pour corn mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake in the oven until slightly puffed, golden around the edges, and set, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Garnish corn pudding with chopped chives.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute Monterey jack cheese for the Cheddar cheese and scallions for the chives, if desired.
- If you have a gas stove, you can roast the peppers over the flame, flipping every 2 to 3 minutes, until blackened and soft.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 17.4 g fat; 27.3 g carbohydrates; 10.7 g protein; 116 mg cholesterol; 557 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This dish was part of my Thanksgiving menu and it is surely a keeping. If you want a twist on a traditional corn pudding this is a great go to. We followed the recipe as is since it was the fi...
I was looking for a way to use my leftover frozen corn and despite the rating I wasn't expecting to like it because it just isn't my thing...but I was so wrong. It was amazing! I made per reci...
Thought it was very good. Did not have Poblanos so I used Ortega diced chiles and it was still very good.
I made this as a side dish for Cinco de Mayo, the only difference being that I had to make it in my toaster oven, since our stove is on the fritz. I covered a small non-stick pan in foil I spray...
I omitted the sugar. This side dish is simple, versatile and delicious!
Brought this as a Thanksgiving side dish. Everyone loved it. I couldn't find the poblano peppers and the grocer told me the Passila peppers were comparable. But it lacked the smokey sweet f...