Ingredients42 m servings 419
- Mix chicken with egg white, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add egg noodles; cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Drain. Spread out on paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook and stir noodles in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir chicken into the wok; cook, stirring frequently, until white, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Pour chicken stock into the wok; stir in spring onions, soy sauce, rice wine, white pepper, and black pepper.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into the wok. Stir in oyster sauce. Add chicken and bean sprouts; cook and stir until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve over noodles.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 12.5 49.1 30.4 61 579 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This recipe is delicious. It’s not quite as good as the Chinese restaurant up the street but it’s still very nice. I added celery, julienne carrots and green onions. I also used dark meat becaus...
I followed the basic recipe except opted not to do the crispy noodle part. Chose to make it with soft noodles. Also found the flavoring to be a bit bland so I increased the oyster sauce and used...
I grew up eating Cantonese Chicken Chow Mein, which seems to be the same as Hong Kong style. The difference is the chicken sits on top of these crispy noodles. This recipe is very close to total...
This was a delicious recipe,it was almost as good as where we eat our Chinese food.I made it more a bit to my liking by using veggies I like(don`t think it really matters).Had good flavour,pret...
I didn’t have a wok so I used a frying pan. And I replaced the white pepper for garlic. It came out great! Got lots of compliments from the family.
I’ve been looking for a recipe comparable to restaurant style Cantonese Chow Mein. This is a very tasty recipe. I followed it basically to a tee (except for an addition of broccoli, carrots, and...
My kids loved this! It doesn't taste exactly like how it does at a restaurant but it's pretty tasty. Don't do what I did-I just left the noodles to cool in the strainer and it got stuck in one...