Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 39 m servings 269 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add butternut squash, onions, carrots, and celery; cook, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Pour broth into the pot; stir in 2 teaspoons cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and simmer until carrots are soft, about 40 minutes. Stir maple syrup, salt, and pepper into the soup.
- Cool soup slightly, about 10 minutes. Puree in a food processor or blender in small batches until smooth. Transfer to another pot; stir in heavy cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix apples, white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together and spread on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake apple mixture in the preheated oven until softened, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Serve soup garnished with baked apples.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 14.5 g fat; 35.3 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 674 mg sodium. Full nutrition