Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 11 m servings 347
Original recipe yields 5 servings (10 tacos)
- Place chicken breasts and salt in a pot; cover halfway with water. Bring to a boil; cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Shred into thin pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, tomato, and green bell peppers; cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken, 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon, and black pepper; cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture into the middle of each corn tortilla. Fold tortilla around filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry tortillas in batches until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon, and seasoned salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Serve sauce over tacos.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Add diced vegetables to the tomato sauce if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 11 49.4 15.6 23 694 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I’m Honduran and I do this meal very often. It’s delicious however a little trick for keeping the corn tortillas from ripping is to microwave them for a few seconds so they’re easier to work wit...