Ingredients58 m servings 270 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until firm, but not stiff.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Mix in egg yolks until well blended. Mix in Parmesan cheese gradually. Add sour cream and baking powder; beat until batter is smooth.
- Sift rice flour over batter; fold in with a spatula. Fold in egg whites with the spatula.
- Pour batter into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 38 minutes.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 14.9 g fat; 28.5 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 80 mg cholesterol; 248 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I don't know the first thing about making these traditional Salvi quesadillas. Since I happen to be married to a Salvadorean, I do know when they are good and not good. I came across this recip...
What a deliciously different treat. I will admit after the first bite, my taste buds were very confused, but not negatively. Parmesan, sugar butter.. dessert. I liked this a lot.. will make aga...
I've made this twice now and both results were awesome. The first time I made it I actually used all-purpose flour and I loved it. My husband was on the fence. The second time I used rice flour ...
This looks fabulous--thank you for sharing! One question I need to make it the night before for my son's presentation on El Salvador--do I need to refrigerate it overnight before serving in the ...
This was amazing! Super easy to make and very delicious. Tastes just like the one my mom used to make.
Delicious and authentic recipe! My mother's side of the family is from El Salvador. I recently moved from Los Angeles to a town in Oregon without any Saldadorean bakeries. It came out perfectly...
Delish! My husband is from Honduras and recognized it immediately without me having to tell him what I attempted to make! Haha