Ingredients47 m servings 390 cals
- Mix flour, water, vegetable oil, egg, and salt in a large bowl; knead until dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Form the dough into 8 golf ball-sized balls. Cover and let rest, about 20 minutes.
- Stretch each ball of dough into a thick tortilla.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook each tortilla until browned and lightly puffed, about 1 minute per side.
- Layer refried beans, avocado, and queso fresco over tortillas. Drizzle crema on top; fold tortillas in half over filling.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute lukewarm milk for the water if desired.
Per Serving: 390 calories; 23.1 g fat; 36.9 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 368 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Yes this is one of my favorite things to make! Everyone loves it. Only suggestion, add some scrambled eggs to the filling part of the Baleada. Perfection! Had it that way at a Honduran food truc...
Agreed with previous poster. Needs more flour for the tortillas to take form. Also, to clarify the description -it can certainly be made with corn tortillas