Ingredients45 m servings 160
- Cook the steak in the cast iron skillet over medium heat, flipping half way through until entirely cooked through. Remove to a plate and reserve the drippings in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, (8 to 12 minutes).
- Add the onion and cook until lightly browned and the potatoes are cooked through, (3 to 5 minutes).
- Cut steak into pieces and return to skillet, reduce the heat to low.
- Make 4 shallow wells in the potato mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Scatter the tomatoes throughout the skillet and cover; cooking until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny ( 6 to 12 minutes)
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper, sprinkle with Italian Seasoning, and enjoy!
Per Serving: 160 calories; 4.8 16.4 13 154 94 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I added in some diced bell pepper and a few sliced Baby Bella mushrooms. We loved it!
Loved this recipe, the steak creates a nice chew while the potato gives it a good texture. The tomato make it burst with taste. Used barbecue rub instead of Italian dressing, but it was a family...
The food was delicious! Make sure to stir the potatoes constantly when its in the skillet; i was occupied with something else and almost burned the seasoning off, but it still came out wonderful...
I used cauliflour veggie tots instead of the potato and it worked well.
I made a version of this for breakfast. I had steak and potatoes leftover from dinner. I wanted to use up the leftovers and create a different breakfast. I added freshly minced garlic and fre...
Family favorite! I typically make this dish using left over steaks and smashed potatoes! Easy peasy, and delicious!
This recipe is very good. I forgot to add the Italian seasoning, however it still tasted good! My only worry was that without any grease the beef and the potatoes would stick to the pan. I was r...