Ingredients3 h 37 m servings 306
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, mustard, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Whisk in pepper soda, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce until brown sugar is dissolved. Watch Now
- Cut 4 slices of bacon into small strips. Cook and stir in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, reserving bacon grease. Watch Now
- Stir onion into the bacon grease in the Dutch oven; cook and stir until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour in bourbon, stirring to scrape up browned bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Stir bacon strips back in. Watch Now
- Pour brown sugar mixture and baked beans into the Dutch oven. Simmer until beans are heated through, about 15 minutes. Arrange remaining 4 slices of bacon on top of the beans. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven, covered, until beans are bubbly and sauce is syrupy, about 3 hours. Watch Now
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute apple cider vinegar for the bourbon if you don't want to use alcohol.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 5.8 51.8 10.2 18 928 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
These are the best baked beans I have ever eaten!!!! My company all asked for the recipe!
Very good I did add another can of beans and 1 T of molasses but overall very good.
Made as directed. They were just a little too sweet. Next time I will lessen the sugar and increase the mustard, paprika and cayenne. I used Makers Mark bourbon.
This recipe was awesome!! I added butter beans and a can of green beans and a little more cayenne pepper and everyone loved them. I will make this recipe again, only a larger batch because the...
This recipe was a big hit at my holiday family gathering! I have tried numerous baked bean recipes, but it seems this one was very well liked!