Ingredients3 h 37 m servings 306
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, mustard, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Whisk in pepper soda, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Cut 4 slices of bacon into small strips. Cook and stir in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, reserving bacon grease.
- Stir onion into the bacon grease in the Dutch oven; cook and stir until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour in bourbon, stirring to scrape up browned bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Stir bacon strips back in.
- Pour brown sugar mixture and baked beans into the Dutch oven. Simmer until beans are heated through, about 15 minutes. Arrange remaining 4 slices of bacon on top of the beans.
- Bake in the preheated oven, covered, until beans are bubbly and sauce is syrupy, about 3 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute apple cider vinegar for the bourbon if you don't want to use alcohol.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 5.8 51.8 10.2 18 928 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
These are the best baked beans I have ever eaten!!!! My company all asked for the recipe!
Made as directed. They were just a little too sweet. Next time I will lessen the sugar and increase the mustard, paprika and cayenne. I used Makers Mark bourbon.
I made these beans for our get-to-gather for our Memorial Day celebration yesterday I made them exactly per the recipe and cooked them; probably another 30 minutes as they were still a little ...
Basically, I followed the recipe with three exceptions. #1 - I DOUBLED the recipe. #2 - I disregarded the bacon quantity and method of using the bacon. I prefer to cut up 1 pound of thick sli...
I have made this three times so far with an addition of a little brisket and bbq sauce instead of ketchup, everyone loves it.
Very good I did add another can of beans and 1 T of molasses but overall very good.