Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 559
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut a hole at the top of each sandwich roll and hollow out the bread leaving about a 1/2 inch shell (discard the extra bread or save for another use). Place rolls on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Lightly oil a skillet and place over medium to medium-high heat. Cook ground beef and stir to crumble. Cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Use a paper towel to sop up any grease, if necessary.
- Pour sloppy joe sauce over the beef and continue cooking until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture into each sandwich roll and top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The extra bread is great for making homemade croutons or fresh breadcrumbs!
Per Serving: 559 calories; 23.9 46.3 37.2 94 1222 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I sometimes use a canned sloppy Joe sauce if I'm pressed for time, but when I do have the time, I make my own. This is what I did for this recipe. This recipe is very versatile as you, real...