Ingredients14 m servings 227 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Separate 6 biscuits into 2 rounds each. Gently stretch each round into a 5-inch circle. Press into cups of a non-stick muffin tin.
- Lightly oil a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in skillet, separating into small pieces as it browns. When turkey is no longer pink, turn heat down to medium-low. Add taco seasoning, stirring to combine. Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce; continue cooking until heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Fill biscuit-lined muffin cups with turkey mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and hot, about 13 minutes.
- Divide each slice of cheese into quarters, and place one-quarter slice on top of each filled cup.
- Bake 3 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes, then place on a rack until cool enough to eat.
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to experiment with toppings or add-ins. Substitute diced pepperoni for the taco seasoning mix, and sub mozzarella or provolone for the American cheese, for a pizza take on the recipe. These are also good at room temperature.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 9.5 g fat; 23.4 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 890 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Easy and full of flavor. I used Borden Provolone cheese, and a mixed ground meat combo. Those are the only changes I made. There are many possibilities with this recipe, my mind was spinning wit...
These were really good! Makes a great snack. Next time I will try making as a casserole for a nice dinner. Will definitely make again. Cheesy and tasty!