Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients24 m servings 203 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 scones)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar,flour, oatmeal, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, & nutmeg. Stir in margarine until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg whites and molasses. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add dough onto a floured surface; knead gently up to 10 times.
- Flatten dough to about 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with round biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops of scones with reserved 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- While cooking, begin making the Lemon Breakfast Cream.
- Place cheese and lemonade concentrate into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve on top of warm scones and enjoy!
Per Serving: 203 calories; 6.8 g fat; 31.8 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 282 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe worked just as it said! Very good, just the right amount of gingerbread taste. I didn't use the icing provided, just powder sugar and lemon to the drizzle consistence. Great!