Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 38 m servings 30
Original recipe yields 64 servings (64 1-inch squares)
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with vegetable oil.
- Place 2/3 cup water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top; let stand until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 cup water, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and boil syrup, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Uncover saucepan and attach a candy thermometer to the side; continue cooking syrup until the temperature reaches 238 degrees F (114 degrees C), about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin mixture carefully until completely dissolved. Mix in rose water and red food coloring.
- Pour syrup into the greased pan. Let stand at room temperature until gelled, about 4 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and chill, 8 hours to overnight.
- Cut gelled mixture into 1-inch squares. Dust with cornstarch.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Rose water is available at Middle Eastern and specialty food stores.
Per Serving: 30 calories; 0.1 7.5 0.2 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I did not make any changes to the recipe. These turned out amazing and delicious. I will definitely make them again!!