Michelle's Vegan Lasagna
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 541 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper; cook and stir until onion turns translucent and pepper begins to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms soften, about 4 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tofu, chopped spinach, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and crushed pepper flakes into mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer sauce for 10 minutes.
- Pour a layer of the sauce into prepared baking dish. Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles. Add another layer of sauce and continue alternating layers of sauce and pasta, ending with sauce. Top with shredded cheese. Carefully add water. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until pasta is fully cooked, about 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Check the lasagna after about 20 minutes in the oven. If lasagna is too dry and the pasta is still uncooked, add more water. If the pasta is cooked, but the lasagna is too watery, cook uncovered for a few minutes.
- Some great add-ins would be zucchini, eggplant, asparagus, or other veggie favorites.
Per Serving: 541 calories; 17 g fat; 72.9 g carbohydrates; 24.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 909 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this as my first vegan dish using Tofu. It came out great, and I could barely taste the Tofu, which had me wondering what the fuss was about with Tofu! I am wondering of a way to make it ...