Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 175 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat; add olive oil and swirl around in skillet. Cook and stir onion in the hot oil until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until garlic and ginger are slightly browned and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir carrots and celery into onion mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add kale and cilantro; cook and stir until kale is slightly wilted, about 45 seconds. Stir lime juice, fish sauce, and lime zest into kale mixture until kale is evenly coated in lime juice.
- Serve kale salad topped with cucumber, peanuts, and mint.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are unable to find fish sauce, try a 50-50 blend of rice wine vinegar and soy sauce; frankly, it works but doesn't taste the same.
- Cashews can be used in place of the peanuts, if desired.
- Due to food allergies, I excluded peanuts and cashews for the recipe. If utilizing peanuts or cashews, be sure to lightly toast in the pan and set aside before adding olive oil. Give nuts a rough chop before adding as a garnish.
Per Serving: 175 calories; 12.1 g fat; 15 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 322 mg sodium. Full nutrition