Ginger-Pear Upside-Down Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 431
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 1/3 cup butter in a 9-inch square pan and set in the preheating oven to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Stir molasses, brown sugar, and ginger into the melted butter. Arrange pears cut-side down over mixture.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Add milk, 1/3 cup butter, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg until combined, about 2 minutes. Pour batter over pears.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan; place a plate on top of the cake and flip carefully.
Per Serving: 431 calories; 16.7 68 4.3 66 402 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 1