Guatemalan Espumillas (Meringues)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 77 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 espumillas)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine white sugar and egg whites in a saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring constantly, until well blended and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour white sugar and egg white mixture into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop beaten egg whites into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe into small swirls onto a baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 15 minutes. Turn off oven and keep baking sheet inside as oven cools, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Add food coloring to the egg whites in step 2 if desired.
Per Serving: 77 calories; 0 g fat; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 15 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1