Stupendous Chipotle Black Bean Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 462 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix hot water and chicken stock concentrate in a bowl until dissolved; pour into a blender. Add 1 can black beans, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce; puree until smooth.
- Place bacon in a large pot and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels using a slotted spoon, reserving grease in the pot.
- Stir onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper into the bacon grease in the pot; cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and black pepper; cook until fragrant, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Stir black bean puree into the pot. Add remaining 2 cans black beans, bacon, diced tomatoes, and cilantro; bring to a boil. Simmer soup, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can adjust the spiciness of this recipe by adding more chipotle peppers from the cans when pureeing. It's very important to only use the Goya® canned chipotle peppers for this recipe, as other brands have different levels of spiciness and you could wind up with a very spicy soup.
- To make it a vegetarian soup, use canola oil instead of bacon grease, and substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock.
Per Serving: 462 calories; 9.4 g fat; 66.3 g carbohydrates; 28.8 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 2260 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
LOVED LOVED LOVED this! The one change I did make is that after making as written it was weak on the black bean side. The flavor was there due to the blended can but the end bean/bell pepper/tom...