Ingredients49 m servings 372
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Mix pumpkin puree, eggs, water, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl. Stir in yellow cake mix and baking soda until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, and melted butter in a small bowl until crumbly; sprinkle over the batter with your fingers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, heavy cream, white sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir until brown sugar and white sugar are dissolved and glaze is smooth.
- Poke holes all over the top of the cake with a toothpick. Pour glaze evenly over cake.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 12 62.8 4 50 519 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
10.27.16 This coffee cake is the BOMB! I added a little bit of cake flour to compensate for the fact that you can’t buy 18-oz cake mixes anymore (at least I don’t see them), but otherwise fol...
So easy and pretty tasty. Loved the crumb topping. No changes needed. Will make again.
I used the regular cake mix size (nothing extra) and followed the instructions. The entire cake was eaten by 5 co-workers in the same day!
I didn't make any changes. It is the moistest coffee cake I have ever had. I thought it was fantastic
Definitely! I didn't do the crumb topping. I used candied pecans on top with the glaze and substituted maple extract.
I made this today. Wow what a light, tasty cake. I did not have a yellow cake mix, so I substituted a Duncan Hines Spice cake mix. Make sure to fold the cake mix into the pumpkin mix, it will lo...
Had more of a cake consistency than a coffee cake, but it was easy to prepare and super moist. My guest really enjoyed it!
I got rave reviews when I presented this for breakfast with my camping friends