All Natural Ground Italian Sausage Stuffing
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 498 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tbsp. olive oil until no longer pink, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 10x15-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned, stirring once.
- Remove pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a very large bowl, combine reserved sausage, the bread cubes, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, and garlic.
- Whisk eggs and water in a bowl; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a buttered 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute one 19-ounce package Johnsville® Italian Sausage Links for the ground sausage if desired. To remove casings: Cut sausage link end-to-end, about 3/4 of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing, and pull off.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 29.4 g fat; 38.2 g carbohydrates; 19.1 g protein; 88 mg cholesterol; 1321 mg sodium. Full nutrition