Harriet Davis's Indiana Persimmon Pudding
Ingredients40 m servings 311 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Mix persimmon pulp and sugar together in a large bowl. Beat in eggs. Add buttermilk mixture alternately with flour mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in heavy cream and melted butter. Pour batter into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges pull away from the sides of the pan and cracks begin to appear in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Chill until serving.
- Cook's Note:
- The pudding will be a light caramel color at first but will darken after cooling.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 7.1 g fat; 60.2 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 243 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I’m from Paoli , right next to Orleans. This is VERY similar to my family recipe that has been handed down for generations. It is always the most popular dessert st our family gatherings. M...