Ingredients1 h 53 m servings 928
- Bring 4 cups water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a deep skillet. Cook sliced potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Season beef with salt and press into the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup vegetable oil in the deep skillet. Cook beef in batches until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack in eggs and cook until set, about 5 minutes.
- Combine onions, tomatoes, chile peppers, and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Layer rice, potatoes, beef, and fried eggs on serving plates. Top with onion and tomato mixture.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 928 calories; 23.7 133.8 43.1 235 558 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I cooked the peppers and onions then cooked the beef in the same pan after sitting veggies aside. Then re-added peppers mix and added tomatoes and simmered.
This was really great, with great flavors and wonderful mixtures of textures and one bowl. I even put the egg on the top, letting each person decide how they preferred it, serving in individual ...
Add some sriracha, and grill the onions and this thing is AMAZINGGGGGG.