Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 53 m servings 928 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring 4 cups water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a deep skillet. Cook sliced potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Season beef with salt and press into the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup vegetable oil in the deep skillet. Cook beef in batches until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack in eggs and cook until set, about 5 minutes.
- Combine onions, tomatoes, chile peppers, and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Layer rice, potatoes, beef, and fried eggs on serving plates. Top with onion and tomato mixture.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 928 calories; 23.7 g fat; 133.8 g carbohydrates; 43.1 g protein; 235 mg cholesterol; 558 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I cooked the peppers and onions then cooked the beef in the same pan after sitting veggies aside. Then re-added peppers mix and added tomatoes and simmered.